West Coast Refill opened in 2017 as Vancouver Island’s first Zero Waste focused retailer. We take pride in helping our community establish low waste life style habits and reduce single use plastics and packaging while educating them about local environmental issues. We carry an ever growing selection of plant based, Canadian made cleaning products for your home and body as well as a large assortment of plastic free and reusable homewares and personal care items. After five years of continued growth, we are now moving into two brand new locations: our larger retail and distribution location in Langford, and our tiny satellite store in Downtown Victoria, both opening the fall of 2022.
West Coast Refill is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes team members with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Has a basic understanding of the Zero Waste movement and a willingness to learn more.
- Enthusiastic about impacting your community by helping to educate and role model a low waste and environmentally focused life style.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, always follows through.
- Keen eye for detail. Reaches and exceeds goals.
- Ability to ensure exemplary customer experiences while creating safe and inviting spaces.
- Experience in the customer service industry encouraged.
- Capable of lifting and carrying weights up to 50lbs/23kg at a time.
- 35 hours a week approximate, with occasional team meetings outside of regular hours.
- Assisting customers in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
- Addressing customer’s requests, comments, inquiries and complaints.
- Lifting heavy containers of product up to 22kg/50lbs
- Long periods of standing and some repetitive motion.
- Maintaining product displays, stocking shelves, receiving inventory.
- Upkeep of general appearance and cleanliness of the store space.
- Implementing measures to avoid product damage, waste or theft, including weekly cycle counts.
- General opening and closing duties including cash management, deposit preparation and security check.
**Note: Downtown Victoria position will begin September 30th, 2022.
Westshore, Langford position will begin sometime in November, 2022.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter, explaining what qualities and experiences you possess that will help West Coast Refill reach our full potential as a eco-living store, to email@example.com with the subject title “Store Supervisor Application”.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected
for interviews will be contacted.