We are looking for an amazing person to join our team!
Do you love the idea of working for a locally owned, laid back small business with a passion for sustainable living?
Do you want to be part of a larger team whose goal is to make it as easy as possible for the people of the Victoria area to reduce their plastic consumption?
Are you interested in helping to educate others on environmentally friendly products, natural ingredients and reusable options for their every day lives?
If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, then you might be the right person to join our team!
The JOB: Part Time Retail Assistant
Part time (16 hours per week) to start.
Schedule would be set for the sake of stability and the successful candidate would have an opportunity to earn more hours immediately through covering shifts for ill or vacationing staff, or assisting at future evening events and workshops.
Set shifts as follows:
Tuesday: 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Wednesday: 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Thursday: 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Friday: 12:30om – 4:30pm
Qualifications & Requirements
- You always deliver outstanding customer service and have experience in retail sales.
- You are committed to maintaining a Zero Waste workplace.
- You are passionate about environmentally sustainable products and business practices.
- You are self-driven, take direction well & follow through on tasks and assignments.
- You are a good communicator, able to relate well to people of all ages & backgrounds.
- You are in good health, can lift or maneuver large boxes and buckets up to 20kg/50lbs, and able to stand for up to eight hours.
- Assisting customers with all product enquiries and in the selection of goods and transactions
- Cleaning and maintenance of sales floor and storage areas
- Pricing products and general merchandising
- Other retail tasks as required
- A starting wage of $15.25/hour, with reviews and potential increases at 6 and 12 months
- A supportive and inclusive store culture
- A generous staff discount on all goods and services.
- A paid, 30-minute lunch break on all shifts over 6 hours
- Flexible vacation scheduling
- A fun, collaborative working environment.
Please submit resume with cover letter.
Apply in person at 1319 Broad Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Awesome Team Member”.
Please be aware that only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest!